IoT This Week podcast provides you weekly updates on the latest and most interesting stories in the Internet of Things world, tech and infosec.
If you are short on time, subscribe to the weekly IoT This Week Newsletter and catch up on IoT, InfoSec and Tech news via email.
Or follow us on Twitter @iotthisweek for daily updates.
Episode 43: HomePod issues, exploit kits, Cloudflare DNS, data leaks, drones at 30,000 feet, Voyager 1 and much more…
Episode 41: IoT Healthcare, ICS malware, AMD vulns, Paypal data sharing, steering wheels falling off and much more…
Episode 40: Drone hijacking, hidden malware, IoT in space, more memcached, McDonald’s tech, OWASP IoT Project and much more…
Episode 39: Alexa wants to be a universal translator, Memcrashed with a side of DDoS, pre-crime re-education, imaging a black hole and much more…
Episode 38: More malware, dead IoT devices, declining credit card fraud, iPhone data extraction and much more…
Video Episode 32.1: 30 minute discussion on What is the Internet of Things?, Security and Privacy, Attack Surface Areas, Previous IoT Research, Is it Getting Any Better? and Protect Yourself.
Video Episode 23.2: I have added a few lines of experimental code to Firmwalker for use with the Shodan CLI.
Video Episode 23.1: Quick video on a small enhancement to Firmwalker so that any certificate files discovered will be run against OpenSSL. If successful, the certificate serial number will be output for use with the Shodan search engine.
My Published IoT Research
Industry Threat Reports
- Mobile Threat Intelligence Report – Q1 2017 (Skycure)
- McAfee Labs Threats Report – April 2017
- Rapid7 Threat Report – April 2017
- Global Threat Intelligence Report 2017 (NTT Security)
- 2017 Internet Security Threat Report (Symantec)
- 2017 Data Breach Investigations Report (Verizon)
- Proactive Threat Identification Neutralizes Remote Access Trojan Efficacy (Recorded Future)
- Observations and Recommendations on Connected Vehicle Security (Cloud Security Alliance)
- 2017 Trustwave Global Report
- 2018 Internet Security Threat Report (Symantec)
- 2018 Privileged Access Threat Report (Bomgar)
- 2018 Webroot Threat Report
- 2018 Global Threat Report (CloudStrike)
- 2018 Threat Report (CenturyLink)
- 2018 Data Breach Investigations Report (Verizon)
- The cyber threat to UK business 2017-2018 Report
- OWASP Internet of Things Project
- Open Garages (run by a different Craig Smith)
- IoT Village
- IoT Security Foundation
- I Am The Cavalry
- NIST Report on Lightweight Cryptography
- Threat Modeling IoT with STRIDE by Microsoft
- Interagency Report on Status of International Cybersecurity Standardization for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Secure by Design Report (Department for Digital, Culture Media & Sport, UK)
- NIST Lighweight Cryptography
- The Enterprise IoT Security Checklist (OTA)