Updated on September 9, 2020 at 12:22 am
As much as I love Amazon, they sure jacked up the launch of the calling and messaging features for Echo devices:
- You can’t go through the setup process again in the Alexa App once completed
- You apparently can’t modify the setup in any way after completion
- You must call Amazon to disable the calling feature
- It wants to suck in and store your whole contact list
- Anyone can call you whenever they want
- It’s more like an intercom service than a calling service
- No blocking of contacts in the Alexa app or removing the contacts without removing the contact from your primary list
- What else?
Come’on Amazon, you’re better than this.